Well the work started in earnest today. We got down to the boat yard around 9am and decided that I would crack on with cleaning the rudders and the propellers and Ray would start cutting the gel coat whilst Steve was working on the sea cocks.
These pictures will show you what we were starting with…These will need some scraping and sanding!
A bit of elbow grease will soon bring back the shine!
So out came the tools and we all got our heads down for a good hour or two before giving in to the temptation of putting the kettle on for a brew. Given the amount of dust flying around it seemed we were going to need quite a few of these today.
An early assessment over coffee was pleasing and at the rate we were working it looked like we were going to get a good amount of work done by home time.
By lunchtime the seacocks were done, Ray had sanded down the anti-foul and cut a quarter of the gel coat and I had got the worst of the crud off the starboard rudder and propeller.
The afternoon saw more of the gel coat cut, the stern glands packed and some of the hosing and clips replaced. Also most of the crud was now removed from the propellers etc and some of the woodwork sanded down. This is how we left it and the work will continue again tomorrow.
Just a little more to finish off!
To be continued………