Brighton Charter Fishing Limited is a Covid-19 Secure Organised Outdoor Sport
This is the latest Covid-19 Risk Assessment and Policy for Brighton Charter Fishing Limited on Grey Viking II.
Latest Update: 24.03.21
As an “Organised Outdoor Sport” the Rule of 6 DOES NOT apply, as per official Government regulations:
“Organised outdoor sport and physical activity must be formally organised by a qualified instructor, club, national governing body, company or charity and follow sport-specific guidance where appropriate”
Further Guidance from RYA – Royal Yachting Association
“We have received confirmation that all forms of boating are classified as sport, and training in these boating activities is also classified as organised sport. This includes instructor training. Organised sport is defined as activity “organised by a qualified instructor, club, national governing body, company or charity and following sport-specific guidance where appropriate”.
The limits on the number of people able to gather socially do not apply to organised sport, provided appropriate mitigations are risk assessed, documented, and implemented.”
A prerequisite is that the Covid Risk Assessment below will remain in force until otherwise directed by Government regulations.
Open from Monday 29th March
We open after Lockdown on Monday 29th March. Maximum 8 people plus the Skipper. Social distancing will apply as follows:
Covid Risk Assessment
- Please do not come onto the pontoon, board the boat or place personal effects on the boat until invited to do so by the Skipper.
- Social Distancing will apply. Risk assessed as 1m plus, not face to face, with fleeting interaction < 3 seconds as per RYA Model Risk Assessment.
- Hand sanitiser stations and safety signs have been installed on the boat.
- Please use the hand sanitiser provided on a regular basis and especially before and after using the onboard toilet facilities.
- Toilet roll will not be provided for hygiene reasons, please consider bringing your own if you need to.
- Tea and coffee will not be provided for hygiene reasons. Please bring your own food and soft drinks.
- DO NOT attend if you are displaying Covid-19 symptoms or are required to self isolate under Government regulations.
- If you develop Covid-19 symptoms DURING the trip you must IMMEDIATELY inform the Skipper.
- If you develop Covid-19 symptoms in the two weeks AFTER the trip please inform the Skipper.
- Face masks are not mandatory but you are advised to consider bringing and wearing one.
- Customers are NOT permitted to enter the Skippers wheelhouse or forecabin areas of the boat.
- The whole boat is washed and sanitised after each trip to maintain hygiene and a safe environment.
- For fishing trips rod hire is still available for those that need it. Those customers will have to purchase their own rigs and lead weights on the day for hygiene reasons. The Skipper will organise this for you as required.
- Track and Trace – Every customer and/or group provides contact details when the deposit is paid, this ensures compliance with government track and trace requirements.