Brighton Charter Fishing Limited is classified as a Covid-19 Secure Outdoor Recreation Business
This is the latest Covid-19 Risk Assessment and Policy for Brighton Charter Fishing Limited on Grey Viking II.
Latest Update: 31.10.20
Due to the latest lockdown the business is closed from Thursday 5th November until Thursday 3rd December, after which the business will re-open as per the below information:
Latest Update: 16.09.20
Updated as and when government guidance or laws change.
You can read the latest Government rules for our sector HERE.
The “Rule of 6” DOES NOT APPLY!
This new rule has understandably caused a lot of confusion for our customers.
The “Rule of 6” is for SOCIAL GATHERINGS and DOES NOT APPLY to outdoor recreation businesses. Here is the exact wording of the latest rules, as linked to above:
Businesses and venues following COVID-19 Secure guidelines can host larger groups. This is also the case for events in public outdoor spaces that are organised by businesses, charitable or political organisations, and public bodies, provided they take reasonable steps to mitigate the risk of transmission, in line with COVID-19 Secure guidance and including completion of a risk assessment. Any other gathering in an outdoor space must not be any larger than 30 people.
- Trips are limited to 8 people for the purposes of 1 metre plus social distancing under government rules for outdoor recreation businesses.
- The boat has rod holders at 1 metre spacing.
- Please do not come onto the pontoon, board the boat or place personal effects on the boat until invited to do so by the Skipper.
- Hand sanitiser stations and safety signs have been installed on the boat.
- Please use the hand sanitiser provided on a regular basis and especially before and after using the onboard toilet facilities.
- Toilet roll will not be provided for hygiene reasons, please consider bringing your own if you need to.
- Tea and coffee will not be provided for hygiene reasons. Please bring your own food and soft drinks.
- DO NOT attend if you are displaying Covid-19 symptoms or are required to self isolate under Government regulations.
- If you develop Covid-19 symptoms DURING the trip you must IMMEDIATELY inform the Skipper.
- Face masks are not mandatory but you are advised to consider bringing and wearing one.
- Customers are NOT permitted to enter the Skippers wheelhouse or forecabin areas of the boat.
- The whole boat is washed and sanitised after each trip to maintain hygiene and a safe environment.
- For fishing trips rod hire is still available for those that need it. Those customers will have to purchase their own rigs and lead weights on the day for hygiene reasons. The Skipper will organise this for you as required.
- Track and Trace – Every customer and/or group provides contact details when the deposit is paid, this ensures compliance with government track and trace requirements.